Monday, March 18, 2013

Priceless Moment...


As I have grown into a toddler with an ever-growing tail, it is becoming increasingly difficult to write to all my lifetime fans. My reader base has increased by 100% over the past week. It was 1 last week and now it is 2J.

After a lot of thought, I have decided to write for a friend whom I hardly remember nowadays. Bang! You are right, am talking about Mr. Vivek, my father. Let me start with a revelation. . For all those who think that he did not have time for me, well the reality is that I was too busy in my wonderful world of eating, sleeping and of course playing that I hardly miss him. So, please don't feel guilty dad. ;)

Well for today, I just thought of diving into my father's mind to figure out what special feelings he has towards me. While am famous for lot of cute stunts, I wanted to check out what this enigmatic man thinks about me. I was especially interested in finding out what was that one moment that he treasured the most.

Going through the labyrinth of many worthless and few wonderful memories, I found one not so special incident has indeed left an indelible mark in his mind. For a moment, I was proud of my father and thought of sharing this with all my readers.

It was one of those rare Saturday afternoons when my father was at home. Bhuvana akka had come the same day and hence I was engrossed playing (should I tell fighting) with her.  In spite of not being a great fan of toys, am not too keen in sharing my toys with Bhuvana akka. However, that Saturday was drastically different. Unlike the usual routine where I wouldn't let her touch my toys, I was happy to share them with her. I indeed gave her my favorite building blocks and watched her construct a wonderful house. Totally delighted, my father hugged and kissed me. 

Am sure many would agree with me that this is not an extraordinary event to be tagged as a treasured moment. What puzzled me more was that, even now, the vivid memories of this incident brings an unusual sense of joy on my father’s face. Only after deeper inspection did I realized that my rare exhibition of joyously sharing my things with others has made him tag that moment as a treasured one.

Two things are quite certain.  One, this priceless moment as tagged by my father is going to have a profound impact in my outlook towards life. Two, my father can be rest assured that "Giving & helping" is my innate nature and there are many more such incidents waiting in store for him....

Good lord, I have written too much for today.  Before I sign off, it would like to admit for a change, am indeed missing you. Looking forward to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment