Thursday, March 14, 2013

Height of overconfidence ...

It was a wonderful weekend which culminated with stroll in the Anna Tower Park on Sunday evening. My schedule does not change much between a week day and weekend except that I get to spend more time with my lovely mother….

What made the weekend even more special is that I was thrilled to see my Chittapa taking baby steps towards starting his own academy for dental students. Given that he is sharp and smart (unlike my father) am sure he's going places. Congrats Chittapa and all the best for your endeavors.

To what was an already near perfect weekend, my father's overconfident blunder only served as an icing on the cake. I could not resist sharing it with everyone. After spending a wonderful day at my girlfriend’s place (wondering who??? of course I meant Achu. I'm already unhappy that my father gets to spends more time with her than me. ), he decided to leave. His plan was to go to office, finish of unending list of tasks and then go home.



So, my highly respected Mani mama, my all-time favorite Rajee Athai and he started from Gants Hill and got into the tube. Once into the tube, my father informed Mani mama of his plan to get down to get down at Stratford and catch the jubilee line to Victoria. With a queer face, Mani mama told that he is doubtful if jubilee line would not go to Victoria. My father without a trace of doubt gave a silly look to Mani mama and was wondering as how Mani mama managed to be there in London without knowing this.


On reaching Stratford, the lovely couple and my father parted ways. My father got into the Jubilee Line with the hope that he is all set to go to Victoria. In spite of sitting comfortably right in front of the tub map, his over confident mind blinded him looking into the mistake he is about to commit. It was only after reaching waterloo did he realize that the tube does not go to the Victoria. Cursing his over confidence, he evaluated his options and decided to get down  at Westminster to catch the district line to Victoria. In spite of the blunder, he was momentarily proud of his ability to recast his plan quickly only to realize that the district line was closed for planned tube upgrade.


Given the very limited options he had, he walked from Westminster to Victoria pondering as whether he would improve at all.   Given my father's track record, I'm not too optimistic of him changing overnight. I only hope that my father proves me wrong. While the whole incident is innocuous, what I want to highlight is how overconfident he is on many an occasion.  
Signing off,




PS : By the by, dad, just in case you did not realize, my lovely fans have named you "A.K" just for this....

 

3 comments: